Friday, November 7, 2008

More about the schedule...

One of my commentors made a comment that leads me to believe that I have not addressed their issue. I am sorry you felt that way.

I have tried to make sure I don't make the same mistakes that the other blogger has in printing things that there is little or no proof of without labeling it clearly as rumor... so I verify and ask questions.


Here is what I found out yesterday:


1. Kim Fandino asked to discuss with administration before the board meeting to be able to mitigate the problem because she did not want the schedule to be a board action and wanted to present a united response to the board. As of yesterday, no building principals have ever discussed the issue with her. She also did apologize at the board meeting for any contention that had come from this.


2. She has asked people to look at the schedule, or has asked people to just be willing to look at it in departments and view it with objective eyes... your comment today leads me to believe there might be a misunderstanding around this.



3. She stated clearly at the board meeting that it was supposed to go to the teachers in departments as a draft and that the teacher assignments were designed to lessen the number of types of courses each teacher had in any given day. She also said that the departments should look at who should teach what, she actually said that who teaches what wasn't the important thing other than that teachers should teach what they love.

4. Rumor: I heard that she would like the opportunity to address the staff and answer all questions and concerns about what happened. (Opinion: they probably won't let her because they might come off not so well once the faculty hear the whole story.)

5. She may have made a mistake in giving a parent group a copy of the schedule, but how could she know it was a mistake up front? Who would ever believe that the a high school schedule would be such a big deal. The only reason this was a problem was because the administration appear to have no intentions of fixing the problem or they simply could have nipped everything in the bud by saying, "we are taking this to the faculty for input and if it has merit, we will try to do it." No harm, no foul. But, apparently, they were so mad at Fandino (without ever talking to her) that they decided to make her an example.

Before I make my next statement, I do not want to be a hypocrite, I have indeed called people out on this blog. However, there have been facts attached, or I have clarified them as rumors with sufficient circumstantial evidence. I have never made up a fact to try to sway my readers to my perspective and get people to hate others like the other blogger has done.

People need to stop hating each other. "Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone..."

Sorry, but I refuse to jump on the anti-fandino wagon. I have seen how she cares about teachers and kids and I know that anyone who has actually worked with her on something that is good for kids has found her to be a passionate advocate whose bottom line is kids. Sometimes I may disagree with some points, but never her motives. Anyone who is willing to face all of her detractors and answer all questions is a braver person than most and the cowards who would attack her with lies deserve no credibility.


There are plenty of people out there for themselves, and I think they are the ones attacking people like Ms. Fandino.

No comments: