Thursday, September 25, 2008

The message fit me to a "tee"...

It was a pleasant surprise to run in for a few items from the Safeway this afternoon and see several people sporting messages against the recall!

Those who have been hiding in fear of retaliation and abuse are finally returning to the light.

It reminds me of the scenes in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe where Christmas is coming and then the winter is melting and the people are coming out from hibernation to celebrate the loss of power of the evil Snow Queen.

And yet, it is scary to know that there is still a small but tenacious group of people clinging to a delusion about a man whose true colors have been exposed over and over and over...

You wonder when you know that these are people who usually are quite level-headed and, pre-Jim Robinson, commanded a lot of respect in this community, how is it that they could be so deceived for so long....

It makes me wonder.... what is the magic ingredient in Mr. Robinson's Kool-Aid?

2 comments:

ProudgradofLUHS1985 said...

I too will be voting NO and I tell everybody I know to vote no. I also explain the truth on what is going on. I have been a member of this town for over 30 years and we need to get our schools back to the level that they were when I was in school.

Anonymous said...

I am a LUHS 1984 grad and I'll second that. Lebanon loses too many of their students because people in this town know the quality of education here is getting worse all the time and parents are looking elsewhere for their childrens education. I know I did and I'm glad I did. It's a shame; schools here used to be much better, especially at the high school level.